Thanks to everyone who came to my session today. Hope you enjoyed your math conversations, and that some of you have new math buddies!
Here’s the PDF of my slides: The Power of Students’ Ideas
Here are a few related resources:
- A 5-minute Ignite version of this session you can use as a conversation starter with colleagues
- Jackie Palmquist’s Secondary Number Talks Resources
- A blog post about using Noticing and Wondering in Elementary School as a launch, written by my friend Debbie
- A blog post about using Noticing and Wondering in High School by my friend Max Ray-Riek
- A blog post about focusing on sense-making in kindergarten, written by my friend Margaret (district math person) and her daughter Emily (second year teacher, first year kinder teacher)