My thanks to everyone who came to my session and putting up with the recalcitrant technology with good humor! If I mentioned anything that you were hoping to find a link to that isn’t here, just let me know and I’ll add it.
Here are my slides in PDF form.
- My 5-minute Ignite talk about sense-making is a great conversation starter, so you might share it with folks before telling them about my NCSM session: Sense-Making: It Isn’t Just for Literacy Anymore
- Joe’s Noticing and Wondering posts can be found here and here.
- Posts detailing Joe’s experiences with the Tell Me Everything You Can… prompt can be found here, here, and here.
- Read about efforts to connect reading and math here.
- Joe blogged about his PLC experience here.
- Andrew Stadel’s File Cabinet Three-Act is here.
- A Numberless Word Problems starting point from Brian Bushart is here.
- Zak Champagne’s Ignite about becoming a better listener is here.
- Check out the kindergarten teacher Emily’s post about monitoring for sense-making.
- I didn’t mentions Max Ray-Riek’s Ignite: What We Talk About When We Talk About Teaching, but it’s important and relevant. You’ll find it here.