Thanks to everyone who came to my session, to the session I led with Leslie, or who had a conversation with me in the hall (or at the drag show!). I hope some of you are still pondering the escalator problem!
My slides as a PDF for my Saturday Session.
Here are resources that I either mentioned, or should have mentioned!
- My 5-minute Ignite talk about sense-making is a great conversation starter, so you might share it with folks to start conversations: Sense-Making: It Isn’t Just for Literacy Anymore
- Joe Schwartz is a retired K-5 math coach. Some of the examples I used come from him (he and I have presented versions of this session together). His Noticing and Wondering posts can be found here and here.
- Posts detailing Joe’s experiences with the Tell Me Everything You Can… prompt can be found here, here, and here.
- Read about Joe’s efforts to connect reading and math here.
- A Numberless Word Problems starting point from Brian Bushart is here.
- Zak Champagne’s Ignite about becoming a better listener (by asking questions you don’t know the answer to, as we talked about in both sessions) is here.